Final Examinations - Semester II 2016-2017
Senior Class Farewell & Nurses' Pinning Ceremony
Hosted by the School of Sciences, Technology & Allied Health
Things to Remember
Department of Quality Assurance
In the Caribbean higher education is viewed as one of the most important ingredients for economic development and with limited resources, quality in higher education is a priority, and must be achieved while keeping in mind issues of relevance, costs, equity and best practices. A quality institution therefore is one that offers its stakeholders value for money, and is not just content to ensure that quality is maintained but is constantly seeking to promote improvement and enhancement of quality in all spheres of its operations.
The University of the Southern Caribbean (USC) has demonstrated its commitment to the development of an institution where Christ is the central figure but also quality and excellence are central features. In 2010 the Department of Quality Assurance was established. Central to its role is assuring and improving quality in all areas of operation at USC through the design and implementation of a comprehensive Quality Management System as well as facilitating the institution-wide embracing of the concept of quality improvement, including a commitment to participate in institutional improvement and growth.
Some of the projects currently engaging the attention of the Department of Quality Assurance include:
- Institutional Accreditation: local accreditation –Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT) Department and SDA Accreditation – Adventist Accreditation Association of Schools Colleges and Universities (AAA).
- Assisting Schools and Departments with the design and preparation of new programs for approval with the ACTT.
- Assisting departments with the development of Quality Manuals and department procedures for improved efficiency and in line with best practices
The Department of Quality Assurance seeks to foster a culture of quality and continuous improvement, within all sectors of the University of the Southern Caribbean.
To be an agent of transformation and institutional advancement that propels USC beyond excellence.
- Confidentiality – The department ensures that all information is treated with discretion and will only be used for its intended purpose.
- Quality – The highest levels of excellence will be maintained in conducting the functions of the department.
- Adherence to Standards – The department will meet and exceed the recognized best practices and benchmarks established for tertiary education.
- Teamwork – The department will create synergy and consensus by harnessing the knowledge, skills and ability of all team members.
- Integrity – The department will be characterized by the highest principles of consistency, honesty, equity and respect.
“Moving quality forward from concept to reality”
Contact Our Staff