The University's Security Department ensures that order and safety are maintained on campus at all times. Staffed with constables, corporals and sergeants, the maintenance of order and safety on campus is accomplished by the following:
- Ensuring student safety on a daily basis, and at the same time providing a safe study environment for all
- On and Off campus patrols
- Ensuring that students adhere to the rules and regulations of the University
- Conducting investigations as necessary
- Acting in emergencies; controlling and regulating the flow of human and vehicular traffic on campus.
The unit also deals with lost and found items. Offences and other such violations of the law can be reported to them. They are open 24 hour day.
Lost and Found
The Department also manages lost and found items across the campus community. This includes all university dormitories.
Mobile patrol unit
Contact the mobile patrol unit at 1-868-743-2146 and 799-9971.
Security office information
Tel: 1-868-662-2241 Ext 1141, 1144