Academics at USC
Registration for 3rd Semester 2016/2017
Click "more" to download class schedule
Final Examinations - Semester II 2016-2017
Things to Remember
School of Humanities
The School of Humanities is committed to Christian Education and is determined to maintain standards of excellence in teaching and interpersonal relations, with the hope of producing well-adjusted individuals who are proficient in English, History, Social Studies, Music, Human Communication, and Language Education, and who, having been exposed to practical Christianity, would have a commitment to Christian faith and service to all humanity.
GOALS OF THE SCHOOL
The overarching goal of the School of Humanities is to so develop every area of the School so that it serves a wider community, at a higher academic level, with greater efficiency. This will involve a wider range of course offerings.
The specific goals for all departments are to:
- Employ more teachers with higher qualification.
- Offer more courses and ones that are relevant to students’ career goals.
- Offer majors and minors in various fields.
- Offer Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in various fields.
- Expand the floor space to accommodate more classrooms and office space for teachers.
- Develop the Department of Music into a full-fledged Fine Arts Centre.
- Develop a state-of-the-art Institute of Language Education that teaches a wide range of languages useful in today’s world of work.
PROVISIONS OF THE ACADEMIC ENVIRONMENT
This School guarantees each student an environment conducive to instruction and information gathering. It provides:
- Instruction from suitably qualified teaching faculty and guest lecturers in a classroom setting.
- Library support facilities for study and in-depth research: electronics books, printed texts, and inter-library services.
- Practical training in the playing of musical instruments such as the piano, guitar, certain wind instruments, and steel pan.
- Bachelor of Arts in English
- Bachelor of Arts in History
- Bachelor of Science in Social Studies
- Associate of Arts in Music
- Bachelor of Arts in Music (Music Education Emphasis)
- Degrees offered on the Dual Degree Programme (click for more details)
- English Language and Literature
- Social Studies
- Communication Studies
- Music for BS in Elementary Education
- Social Studies
- Language Arts
- Master of Arts in Human Communication