Academics at USC
THE HAROLD W. BAPTISTE LECTURE SERIES
Shirley Baptiste and family sponsors its fourth annual lectureship on pastoral ministry and leadership,
Things to Remember
School of Education and Human Sciences
The School of Education and Human Sciences is committed to providing pre-professional and professional education to men and women, so that they may be fitted for service with sound mind, body and soul, so that they, in turn, may assist others in achieving the same.
The teachers in our School will:
- Promote excellence in teaching, scholarship, and relevant professional careers, and encourage the acquisition of advanced knowledge and skills.
- Transmit values, morals and experiences that will prepare individuals for effective, meaningful service to God and humanity.
- Provide graduates with opportunities to enlarge their world view as they integrate religion, culture, and scholarship.
- Develop a pedagogical and professional perspective that is unique to SDA Education.
PROVISIONS OF ACADEMIC ENVIRONMENT
The School provides:
- A depth of knowledge in its academic specialties.
- A foundation for graduate study on completion of undergraduate degrees.
- A more diverse and varied knowledge base through general education courses, through participation in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- A sound understanding of the Seventh-day Adventist philosophy of education and life, which encompasses an understanding of the (a) nature of God (b) the nature of man, and (c) the nature of reality.
- Discovery of the benefits of a personal relationship with God.
- Participation in scholarly activities that utilize information from a variety of sources, thereby increasing the multi-formity of their knowledge base.
- Exposure to knowledge of national and international career trends.
- Recognition of the strategic role of the Bible in instruction.
- Appreciation of their (students’) important role as agents of salvation.
- Opportunity to develop reflective and analytical thinking skills, rather than being overly dependent on others’ ideas.
- Associate of Arts in Music
- Bachelor of Science in Family and Consumer Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Science in Educational Services
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Bachelor of Arts in Music (Music Education emphasis)
- Degrees offered on the Dual Degree Programme (click for more details)
- Post Graduate Diploma for Secondary School Teachers
- Master of Arts in Communication Studies
- Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction
- Master of Arts in Educational Psychology with emphasis in School Counselling
- Master of Arts in Educational Psychology with emphasis in Special Education
- Master of Arts in Educational Psychology with emphasis in Psycho-Educational Assessment
- Master of Arts in Educational Administration and Leadership
- [PhD in Educational Psychology (Andrews University)]