Academics at USC
Last Day of Classes
Final Examinations - Semester II 2016-2017
Things to Remember
School of Business
The mission of the School of Business is to ensure a world-class business education to our international, national and local communities by maintaining high academic standards, superior teaching, quality research, significant service, and the effective use of technology. We will actively facilitate economic development and adhere to the core values of continuous improvement, the highest ethical standards, and diversity in the educational environment.
The School of Business will provide high quality undergraduate and graduate business education and specialized business training to support the educated labour force needs of Trinidad and Tobago business, non-profit, and government employers. The School of Business will participate in the global community of scholars through applied and basic intellectual contributions and internationally focused academic programs and course work. The School of Business, its faculty, and students will support the economic development of Trinidad and Tobago though the provision of data, applied research, and other professional services.
The School of Business of the University of the Southern Caribbean will strive to provide the best business education opportunities to our local, national, and international communities.
We will be recognized for the excellent quality of our programs and the superior faculty that make them possible. We will develop and support strong global relationships. We will enhance, expand, and promote our strongest graduate programs at a regional, national, and international level. We will continue to incorporate state-of-the-art technologies into our classroom and research activities. We will concentrate on the development of research and service centres of excellence that will have local and regional impact, as well as national recognition.
We will be committed to growth, development, and improvement of the quality of life and general well-being of our students, faculty, staff, and the communities around us. We will be acknowledge as a school whose strengths are our commitment to excellence, our responsible stewardship, our unflagging quest for continual improvement in the creation and dissemination of knowledge, and our desire to enhance and enrich the lives of all of our stakeholders.
We will support and maintain high ethical standards for our faculty, staff, and students, and will demand a commitment and sensitivity to a culturally diverse educational environment that adheres to principles of human dignity and fairness.
GOALS & DIRECTIONS OF THE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
If we seek to reach a destination, we must follow a map and refer to it often. The School of Business’ Goals and Directions serve as a roadmap to ensure that we stay on the right path and never lose sight of our missions in teaching, research and service.
- The School of Business will continually design and deliver a business education that has a deep social context.
- We acknowledge that the most pressing problem facing the world today is poverty, and from poverty flows many of the world’s ills. We will teach and conduct research and outreach programs in sustainable and socially responsible business practices that will help lift people and communities out of poverty and into prosperity.
- We will give our students the knowledge they need to be successful, while maintaining and instilling core values.
- We will construct our teaching programs with a global perspective to ensure our students are able to compete and succeed in a global economy.
- We will give our students the tools they need to reach their highest potential academically and professionally.
- We will provide our students with invaluable advice and insight derived from our real-world experience and rigorous research.
- We will develop the entrepreneur in each of our students, because through their creativity and determination new ideas will emerge to solve old problems.
- We will assist our graduates in reaching their professional goals, while helping organizations match their specific needs with our students’ individual talents.
- We will develop and support faculty members to ensure they are able to succeed both as teachers and creators of new knowledge.
- We will be among the national and international leaders in developing and teaching sustainable business practices.
The School of Business, through its missions of teaching, research and service, will work to create social justice and equal opportunity in business, education, healthcare, agriculture, housing, and sustainable living.
- Bachelor of Business Administration – Finance
- Bachelor of Business Administration – Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration – Marketing
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Science in Economics
- Bachelor of Science Accounting
- Degrees offered on the Dual Degree Programme (click for more details)
- Master of Business Administration with emphasis in Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration with emphasis in Health Care Administration
- Master of Business Administration with emphasis in Economics and Finance
- Master of Business Administration with emphasis in Finance and Accounting
- Master of Business Administration with emphasis in Marketing