About Our University
February 27 - March 3
USC Research Day 2017
University in Focus: Maintaining Relevancy and Sustainability in a changing higher education environment
Things to Remember
About the University
University of the Southern Caribbean (USC) is a private, coeducational institution with a diverse student body with 3 locations in the twin-island Republic of Trinidad and Tobago along with sites in Antigua, Barbados Guyana and St. Lucia.
It is operated by the Caribbean Union Conference of the Seventh-day Adventist church, and is housed on three hundred and eighty-four acres of land in the beautiful Maracas Valley. Graduates of the University serve the church and society, not only in the Caribbean, but also in many parts of the world. The University’s name is honoured as many of its graduates have earned advanced degrees in internationally recognized and renowned institutions. Learn More...
What Sets us apart
USC embraces a multidimensional approach to teaching and learning
- Intellectual Curiosity – Programmes that matter, professors that care. Explore concepts, solve problems.
- Cultural Diversity – A potpourri of faculty, staff and students from over 38 countries worldwide.
- Spiritual Nurture – A holistic education that embodies the development of mind, heart, soul and hand.
- Moral Integrity – A meaningful philosophy of life which promotes honourable living, in service to God and man.
Our Educational Objectives
USC is focused in its committment to
- Develop and maintain an environment in which competent workers are trained for service to God and humanity
- Provide an instructional programme that leads students to accept God as the Supreme Being
- Challenge students to enlarge their world view as they integrate religion, culture, and scholarship;
- Prepare students to deal with problems in society
- Encourage the acquisition of knowledge and skills that a relevant to the global context. Learn More...
Philosophy of USC
University of the Southern Caribbean espouses the philosophy of the Seventh-day Adventist Church that true education is the harmonious development of the head, the heart, and the hand. Read More...
History of USC
From 1927 when this institution was known as the Eastern Caribbean Training School, to 2006 when the title “University of the Southern Caribbean” was conferred by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT), this institution has undergone significant development and continually seeks to fulfil its mission of becoming an academy fit for God’s approval through intellectual, spiritual, social and cultural development. More of our history.
The University of the Southern Caribbean seeks to transform ordinary people into extraordinary servants of God to humanity through a holistic tertiary educational experience.
A Seventh-day Adventist University fully reflecting the character of God through spiritual, intellectual, physical, social and cultural development.
And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.
Luke 2:52 (KJV)
USC University Song
In the quest for knowledge and dignity,
With our hearts aflame we have come;
Called to serve the Church and society,
We will join our hands as one.
As we foster friendship and unity
Our identity we’ll maintain;
God before us, our goals in focus
Great achievements we will attain!
Beyond excellence, toward the light!
In truth and loyalty, we’ll do the right.
To always honour our alma mater
Our beloved USC!
Our beloved USC!