Research & innovation
The Department of Research and Innovation (DRI) seeks to foster an attitude of excellence in scholarly inquiry within the community of the University of the Southern Caribbean.The goals of the department are to:
- Develop strong community of scholarly researchers.
- Foster innovative research strategies and their applications in various disciplines across the University of the Southern Caribbean.
- Encourage innovative scholarship that transforms intellectual capacity of the university community into extraordinary scholars and servants of God.
- Disseminate innovative knowledge and scholarship locally, regionally and internationally.
Services / functions
- Provide support system for faculty, student and staff research and scholarship.
- Generate database on funding agencies at the local, regional and global levels.
- Conduct training sessions, seminars, and conferences.
- Publication of USC Journal of Research.
- Network and collaborate with research institutes at local and regional universities, Seventh-day Adventist Universities, international institutions.
- Provide ethical guidance and approve research projects through Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Academic Forum and Writing Clinic on monthly basis.
- Generate new ideas and approaches to evidence-based practice in teaching & learning, research & scholarship.
- Compile Capability Statement Document on faculty, staff and student capacity on campus.
Office contact information
Dr. Susan Chand, Director
Tel: 1-868-662-2241 Ext 1655